Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Moments

I LOVE summer, at least in this part of the country....it wasn't as fun in the desert, but even though we have been here going on 5, yes 5, summers I just cannot get over how wonderful this season is to me.  

As we were berry picking today, in the quiet of the morning, chatting about life, I just had to lift my heart in gratitude and praise for God's goodness.  

I hear my hubby and youngest chatting about how amazing God is, I see the vibrant berries, and soak in the quietness...I am thankful.  In a day and time where distractions are abundant, these still times are so special.  

We pick, we chat, we sit on the porch, we watch the birds, we enjoy coffee together,  a moment that I truly enjoy.

Here are some of the things that we like to do with raspberries: 
Raspberry Lemonade, Pie, Raspberry Jelly, Raspberry Syrup for milkshakes or smoothies.  We also enjoy freezing raspberries in ice cube trays, then storing them in a gallon size baggie, then adding them to mint tea or other drinks over the year.  They are a nice treat in the winter.   






Photo Credit: Jonathan










No comments:

Post a Comment