Monday, July 21, 2014

Busy, busy, busy....be still.

Oh how I love a quiet life.  Business is something I try very hard to avoid just because in me, things tend to pass me by that I want to notice and remember.  I desire the Mary heart of sitting at the feet of Jesus, but there are times that Martha is needed too.  So with that, July has been full.  Full of blessings and the Lord has been amazing.  What had to go by the wayside...me.  Yep, me.  My likes of a certain way of life, however, through it all the Lord has been my strength.  Does God not amaze you when He gives you what you know you don't have to accomplish the tasks He desires.  Amazing and Faithful, that is our Lord. 

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.


Mark is in a season of working a difficult schedule, this we have committed to prayer.  It is out of our hands.  As his wife, I desire to help him as much as I can so that his desires and dreams may be allowed to live.  He is an amazing man who I am thankful to have as my husband.  I love him. 

July has been filled with birthday celebrations of life, food preparation for winter, Vacation Bible School, Parent Practicums and tutor training, ( which was very encouraging ), The Academy of Arts summer drama team visiting and performing ( wonderful job ), honey harvest, and wonderful times of fellowship with friends.  We are down to our last two very full weeks.  Atlanta with Jacob!  Survival Weekend campout for Jonathan! I pray I will survive and even thrive :-) 

As you read this pray for me, as I drive with Jacob down to Atlanta for a leadership weekend where he is planning, Lord willing, to attend Chiropractic School.  We had plans to fly but he has fluid in the ear, at this point we will be driving.  We will have fun but I am a bit spoiled by my husband who normally does all the driving on these long trips :-) I told you he was incredible.  Now, I am driving with my son, with whom I have driven across town....shiver!  Haha....if he reads this he will be mortified, but he will know what I mean. 

We will have a wonderful time together and I am looking forward to it but now to go and prepare......

I leave you with a few things I have been learning...
" there is much about finding love, but little about forging love" this was in regards to music but I went to the body of Christ.... Are we as His body forging love? Am I forging love?  The word forge is full and rich, but that is another post.  

" Romans 12 has been a passage that has been on my heart, and I have been chewing on this portion of verse one...by the mercies of God"  How great His mercy is in our lives and because of this we can present our bodies as a living sacrifice.  Another version says..." in view of God's mercies. What a faithful Savior we have that has been merciful to us...not because of me/us, for we do not deserve it, but because of Who He is...Merciful.  Keep this in view as you live out Romans 12 in your life. 

Enjoy some of the photos of a portion of our summer time activities.    I have been busier in this season of my life than I ever expected but by God's grace may I continue to be intentional in the discipling of my children, being a helper to my hubby, and being faithful in proclaiming God's grace to a world that so desperately needs Him. 

Yum! Strawberry season.

Justin brought this turtle home for Jonathan...we would set him free and he would keep coming back.  Crazy Turtle!

Art filled fun. 

This guy....always coming up with things.  Look mom, a new way to wear pants!  

Ready, set, go....bee business blossoming.

Game time!

Family birthdays of precious little ones. 

Jon added this one of the firefly.  We love looking at the fireflies at night.  God's fireworks.  Yet they are hard to capture on film.  Jon commented on this...let your light so shine, even if you are the only won.  Oh I pray that for him. 

Summer swimming times with some sweet friends.

Gettysburg reenactments with lincoln logs, soldiers, and creativity!


Fireworks!

Honey Harvest.......Yum!  This is an absolute favorite in our home.  Plus, Mark has plenty of honey for us this winter. 

Putt-Putt....

Crazy fellows....see it really does come from their father :-) 

My life loves........

Serious competition...under a gentle mask.  haha!

Science....Volcanos...I cannot keep enough baking soda in the home. 

Excited little girls......and Jon a little concerned about his ducks! 

These are the cutest little fellows ever!  They played all afternoon.

Beautiful music..........yes, even that red bass sounded nice.  But does it have to be red?

Selfie found on camera!  Pretty good one at that. 

Fun with the Academy of Arts Summer Drama team......food, fun, ultimate frisbee, fellowship, and campfires with smores!






3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip Carrie and Jacob! We will be praying for safe travels. So thankful we could be a part of your busy July- Yall are such a testimony to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank thankyou for the prayers Laura! They are greatly appreciated. 😯

      Also, we are so glad you were part of our busy July too! We had a wonderful day filled with beautiful music and your sweet family. Justin said, " that was so much fun, it reminded me of our times in Arizona." That is a huge compliment because our times of music gatherings in Arizona are very precious to us. 😃

      Delete
    2. Oops....too many mistakes without my glasses :).

      Delete