Thursday, February 19, 2015

Winter Fun

Normally, I like winter, but I have discovered I like it a lot more when it doesn't hang around so long with such low temperatures!
I can hear some say, God is the one that orders the weather and yes, yes He does, so I am asking Him if we could have some warmer temperatures soon.  He may say yes, and He may say no, but I trust Him either way.

I have been thinking lately that there is an awful lot of "ugly" happening right now.  Sad, hard things.  We had a beautiful time in prayer at our bible study this morning.  Prayer has a way of calming a heart, and bringing our thoughts into alignment with God.  I am remembering our brothers and sisters in bonds, those who have lost their lives, no, correction, given their lives rather than denounce their Savior.  Humbling, encouraging, exhorting, terrifying, and the list of what can rise up in my soul could go on and on.  With those sobering thoughts, may we be watchful, praying for all men.  We serve a God that is all mighty, all knowing, the one true and living God, who is in control when things seem so out of control. 

I am so thankful that God can bring beauty out of ashes.

Some photos of some simple, beautiful things in my life right now that I am thankful for, amongst the ugly.  The irony does not escape me of how much life can be so vastly different. 





 Hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows.

 A snowman that Jonathan built; as we were driving out of the driveway he said, " How do you like my snowman, he's praising the Lord?" Gotta love that!


Beautiful sky just before sunrise on a very brisk morning. 


Love this covered bridge.  Serenity.

An incredible concert that Jacob was so sweet to invite me to go and hear.  Mrs. Goranson was his music professor and she is amazing! 





A lovely night with my guys! 










Determination on that face :-) Justin took Jon ice skating and they had a nice time and both did very well considering this is a new thing for us :-) (above ) 

Working on an art project.


Our wonderful tutor at CC.  






Another day of ice skating with friends.  ( and enemies, chuckle chuckle...there seems to be mean children lurking in shadows everywhere, thankful he didn't loose his temper and kept smiling, progress.   Also, thankful for the young tender hearts that are kind. ) 




No comments:

Post a Comment